• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How many times should the same anime film be rereleased in the theaters for attendees to make it?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EndlessTradeOfJ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:38 am Reply with quote
Who here is curious about how many times the same anime film in both dub and sub be rereleased in the theaters for attendees to make it? If released multiple times, it would be in the theaters, convention if it hosts a film festival or theatrical movies, and anime film festivals in a 4DX setting.

The thing is that not all films can make it to the point that more distributors need to be in demand in order to ensure that all films will be able to make it. At some point in our lives, other matters can get in the way that will prevent us from watching our favorite anime film in the theaters and we don't want to wait this long for another rerelease as anime film distributors can't depend on theaters all the time to the point they have to give fans another chance at the conventions and film festivals.

What is your take on this? Do you see this as a huge consideration in order to meet the demands of all of the anime fans who not only want to make up for their missed opportunity when their favorite anime film was released but as well as giving them the chance to rewatch if over again if they have they strong desire to do so? Even if some prefer not to watch it again, at least those who couldn't make it back then would finally make it.
Flash33

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm not much of a theater person myself but I recognize that it's a very unique viewing experience and that some genuinely enjoy going there constantly. When it comes to your question I think maybe showing it 2 or 3 times in theaters is fine so long it's in as many theaters as reasonably possible (i.e. not just the super popular ones). After that it's up to the fans to find it online and/or in stores, and if they want to host their own watch parties after that then more power to them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1